View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Insight settings? 
Site Admin

Post Insight settings?
just got an insight the other day. I need some help with the settings. When I start ramping I start shooting soup. I have reset it to stock settings and that helped. any suggestions from you guys on setting?

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:19 am
Mass Killer

Post Re: Insight settings?
Do you know if you got the updated urethane o-rings for the red bolt end near the rear of the gun and the larger 2x20 o-ring for the brass shut off? If not, hit up BLAST they should be able to send em out to ya. What version of the board do you have? I think the latest version they were on was 5.19bp. This helped with the gun not chopping as a loader emptied.

Oh yeah, and stock up on Dow 33. Insights eat that [KA-KA] like Rebel eats boogers! (running away...) :wink:

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 am
Mass Killer

So can we expect pictures in the gun thread? And I haven't eaten boogers since the Nam. Because the food there was whack.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:28 pm
Site Admin

the board has been flashed too 5.19. but it doesn't look like the o-rings were upgraded. I will look into getting the different o-rings. it did come with a small jar of Dow.
as for pictures my phone is giving me trouble uploading. It says I have limited memory. but just so you can imagine it it is gloss lime with gloss black. got it of the nation. Couldn't pass up on the deal. Love the color and the look. And it was $700 with a 68/45 ninja tank with an SLP pro reg.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:31 pm
Mass Killer

Sounds like a great deal and and a great colors too. Still planning to get the logo lazering done?

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm
Mass Killer

The updated o-rings sound like a must.

There is one that goes in the firing can to hold it together, some of the tolerances of the bodies were just a hair too wide, allowing for the can to unscrew just a bit, allowing for a release of pressure causing shoot down and poor cycling. The first o-ring fixes that by being a little thicker than the original. It will not allow for the can to unscrew in that body.

The second o-ring goes in the brass bonnet that is on the bolt guide. Bob said it wasn't a necessary upgrade, but he said it improves the smooth action of the gun. It's inside the bonnet, you gotta get out with a tiny little pick like tool and place it in there just as carefully.

Check your dwell, it should be at 12. 11ish after broken in.

A pressure tester is not really necessary with an Insight due to the lack of an LPR but it is decent for at home checking before getting to a chrono.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:26 am
Thinking about D4

Im planning on getting an insight soon.....if HIMX will ever get to $17 :/

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]